The Village Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time Police Officer. The City of The Village is located in the Metro-Oklahoma City area and "Works with our community to provide professional law enforcement services." Starting salary for a Non-Certified Officer will be $53,145 and after receiving (or possessing a current) CLEET certification salary will be $55,069. A $10,000 incentive bonus will be paid to hired CLE ET certified individuals. This bonus will be paid as follows: $2,500 when hired, $2,500 at the successful completion of the Field Training Program, and $5,000 after completing (1) one year of service.
The Department offers a generous benefit package, which includes:
- Educational Incentive, Tuition Reimbursement.
- Longevity pay and 20 year retirement in the Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement System.
- Uniform, equipment and firearms provided.
- A bi-annual uniform allowance.
- Vacation, Holiday, Military and Sick Leave.
- Life, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Bilingual language incentive.
- Shift differential incentive.
Minimum Qualifications are:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must.be in good physical condition and between the ages of 21 and 45 at the time of hire.
- Must be eligible for the state's Police Pension System.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be of good moral character and emotionally stable.
- No illegal marijuana use within the past year.
- No other illegal drug use in the past 5 years.
- No DUI convictions in the past 3 years.
- Must pass a physical fitness test which will include a 1 ½ mile run, 300-meter sprint, and minimum number of push-ups and sit-ups.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and can be picked up any time at The Village Police Department, 2304 Manchester Dr. The Village, Oklahoma 73120, or emailed to you by requesting one from Deputy Chief Matt Butcher at email@example.com